Blending and cutting your Halo into your Natural Hair
Our Halo's are quite long in length and chances are you will need to trim / blend your halo for it to be wear ready.
If you fit your halo before trimming or blending it, you can sometimes see results like the below photos: (but don't worry)
Although this might concern you, and you might think the Halo is not for you, all this requires is a little trim and some blending to match your natural hair.Pro tip*
As the Halo has been treated with conditioning chemicals at the factory, giving it a quick wash will thicken it up significantly*
It is quite easy to cut and blend the Halo yourself, as long as your have the right tools.BUT
, if you have all the gear and no idea then we strongly recommend taking it to your local hairstylist as they will be able to professionally do this for you.Cutting & Blending Tips
To Shorten the hair 💇🏼♀️
- Firstly fit your halo to the crown of your head
- Find your ideal length that you wish to achieve then go down an extra 4-5cm to give yourself a little extra room for any mistakes 😳
- To shorten the hair, it's quite easy. Just take your hair dressing scissors and bluntly cut horizontally, in small sections monitoring that you are going in a straight line section by section. Always push all your hair to the front after cutting each section to reassess that you are happy with the length.
- Once you have achieved your desired length, brush your hair through, getting rid of any loose hair that hasn't already fallen out.
- At this stage the hair will still look a little uneven, this is when we move to the Blending stage.
To Blend the Hair
- Take your hairdressing scissors and instead of cutting horizontal we take the scissors and cut into the ends of the hair in a vertical style. What this does is thin out the ends taking away majority of the bulk which will blend the extensions into your natural hair.
Still too bulky? 🙍🏼♀️ If your Halo is still not matching as perfectly as you would like, take your Razor scissors and cut into the ends vertically which will aid in the blending process. Razor scissors have a lot less teeth than normal scissors which means they will only remove small amounts of hair even distributed across the line of hair they have in them.
Keep on keeping on - Keep blending with these techniques until you reach your desired look. Using these techniques of blending only take out tiny amounts of hair so it is quite hard to make a mistake.
But again, if you have any doubt please let a professional take over.
Here is the after pic which we created for our model (not being a professional stylist)
Styling the Halo
Although extensions can still look great when straight, creating natural waves or curls will help the extensions blend in and look more natural in your hair. d extensions.
So, there you have it - our best tips on how to get that natural looking long hair you’ve aways dreamed of.
Lots of Love,
Her Halo Hair